If you’re looking for lower total installed cost solutions, look no further than Eaton’s B-Line series products. In this blog, we will highlight two solutions that can help you save big:
- 4Dimension strut
- B-Line series metallic cable tray
4Dimension Strut System – Save up to 50% on Materials and Installation
Eaton’s new B-Line series strut system, 4Dimension strut, is truly a game changer in the industry. Its unique, multi-sided design allows use of all sides, helping cut down on cost and install time, while saving space.
- Multi-sided functionality with versatile modular design
- Superior strength and lighter weight for ease of transport, cut and assembly
- Innovative fitting solutions with virtually hundreds of possibilities; and compatible with more than 90% of B-Line series traditional strut fittings and accessories
- Ideal for new and retrofit accessories
- Two unique trapeze solutions with time savings up to 50% on many applications
- Three new alternative to welded back to back strut, an ideal solution to welded back to back
- SH hole accepts 5/8” hardware
- Meets or exceeds MFMA standards
Structural Steel Savings with Eaton’s B-Line series Metallic Cable Tray
B-Line series metallic cable tray systems are engineered to provide the best strength to weight ratio, allowing installers to gain significant savings by reducing the number of structural steel supports required to install the system.
The most significant cost driver associated with cable tray installations is the cost of the supports which can range anywhere from $300 to over $5,000 per support depending on the complexity and location of the project.
Supports can be a significant cost.
When assessing the potential to eliminate structural steel supports, Eaton recommends focusing on three key design considerations for any project – (1) straight section span, (2) fittings support locations and (3) supports to allow for thermal expansion.
- Increase Straight Section Span
Transitioning from 10 feet spans to 20 or even 40 feet span, by utilizing longer lengths of cable tray, reduces the number of structural steel supports on straight section runs by 50 percent or more.
- Reduce Required Fitting supports
Eaton’s B-Line series cable tray is engineered to provide more flexibility in selecting the proper supports location for fittings. In addition to this robust design, B-Line has conducted extensive testing to provide several options to support Horizontal Bends, Tees, Crosses, and Vertical Bends which reduce the fittings supports anywhere from 50% to 66% as compared to other systems.
- Supporting Expansion Splice Locations
Proper thermal expansion and contraction is key to any cable tray installation. Eaton’s patented B-Line series heavy duty expansion splice eliminates the need to install additional supports within 2 feet (600 mm) on each side of the expansion location when it is placed at ¼ span.
By incorporating Eaton’s B-Line series metallic cable tray and one or all three structural steel savings solutions above, customers can help eliminate a substantial amount of labor and structural steel on any given project and can save millions.
Where do we go from here? If you want to learn more about Eaton’s B-Line series solutions and how they can help save you money, be sure to check out their presentation from our Product and Technology Expo HERE, or give your account manager a call today.